Friday, December 9, 2011

Mini "Hershey" Bar Pies

We had a mini neighbor dinner on Wednesday with Michael and Christine so I decided to make mini desserts! Hershey Bar Pie is one of my go to recipes because it is so EASY and FAST. It's pretty much impossible to mess up. I decided to make mini pies since I saw the cute little pie crusts at HEB and I love miniature things!


Ingredients
8 oz of chocolate - I used a 4 oz Nestle Tollhouse Dark Choc baking bar & 4 oz of semi-sweet choc chips
8/9 oz container of cool whip
Pie shell(s)

Directions
Melt chocolate in double broiler (or the microwave I suppose)
Once chocolate is melted mix in with container of cool whip
Spoon into pie shell and refrigerate for 1 hour
Enjoy!

I decided to put ready-whip on the top of the pies and garnish with sprinkles. The whipped cream melted so fast - I never use whip cream so I don't know if this is typical or if it's because I used the low-fat. However, I did get to snap a few pictures before they melted and looked kind of sad - but don't worry...they still tasted yummy!










No comments:

Post a Comment