Wednesday, June 11, 2014

21 Weeks...Our Little Pomegranate

Baby T is the size of a Pomegranate!


How far along: 21 weeks
How big is baby? Pomegranate
Symptoms: Headaches continue…yay! Got a few Charlie horses in the morning when I woke up and stretched – ouch! Only happened a few days though
Maternity clothes: Yes – nothing new here
Sleep: Not so good this week. My doctor told me I can’t sleep on my back anymore, which I hadn’t been doing but I go to sleep on my side (with the amazing body pillow) and wake up on my back SO MANY TIMES during the night. I have added another pillow into the mix to try and prevent myself from rolling on my back but I still wake up on my back. What the heck?! It’s starting to get hard to roll over to the other side (plus I have to move my wedge pillow every time I switch sides). I have a feeling this is only going to get worse…unless I can stay asleep on my side…
Miss anything: Sleeping through the night (I know, I know…get used to it!)
Movement: Yes! It still feels sort of like flutters but one day this week I felt 3 stronger movements – more like kicks.
Food cravings: Nope
Anything making you queasy or sick: Walking through the meat section of HEB – they were cooking something with bacon and it smelled AWFUL! I grabbed what I needed and ran.
Have you started to show yet: Yep, no turning back on this one! I dropped some stuff off at goodwill on Friday and when I got out of the car the girl goes “omg you did not look pregnant until you stepped out and I saw your belly!” Made me feel good because I’ve been a little self-conscious about gaining weight – but I guess Justin is right – it’s only in my belly (for now)!
Labor signs: No
Belly button in or out: In – but getting very shallow!
Wedding rings on or off: On
Mood: Happy happy!
Feeling boy or girl? Boy…I just don’t have girl symptoms but I know that doesn't mean anything
Looking forward to: My birthday! The big 2-7  Mom and I are doing a crazy colorful cakes class on Monday and then finally trying Jack Allen’s Kitchen for my birthday dinner! Also, Rachel, Kyle & Puma are coming to visit this weekend! Oh and my chiropractor appointment – it’s a week overdue and I can’t wait! haha
Best moment of this week: Our 20 week anatomy scan was the best part! We got to see peanut on the screen for a good amount of time and he/she is healthy and growing right on track! Heart beat was 153, baby weighs 13 oz & is measuring 3 days ahead. The tech had us turn away (and paused our DVD) while she went down to “the goods” so we still don’t know if it’s a girl/boy! Yay! Going to the X-Games with my dad was also supposed to be a highlight of the week but I ended up not going at my dad’s recommendation because of the heat. He went all 3 days and said it was “blazing hot.”  If you know my dad you know he never thinks it’s hot so I would have probably died there!! Thanks for looking out for me dad!



No comments:

Post a Comment