Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Baseball, Ice Cream, & Wedding!

Justin and I had a busy but super fun weekend. Friday night we went to Aggie Night at the Dell Diamond with my parents and Michael and Christine. The Capitol City A&M Club rents out the air conditioned event suite and this year the pool and it's all you can eat and drink while you watch the Round Rock Express! We went last year and had a BLAST...I must say the guys had more fun than us (too bad the all you can drink is only beer...boo). Even though it's August and it's HOT there was a nice breeze all evening and it was never unbearable. We cut out before the fireworks because Justin wasn't feeling well and needed to rest for our busy Saturday!

Baseball...I actually chatted with Christine the whole time rather than watching the game :)
Us @ the end of the night!

Saturday morning Justin and I went to the Austin Ice Cream Festival. I won VIP tickets on facebook this week so decided we had to go even though we couldn't stay long. I never win anything so I was super excited!! The festival was at Fiesta Gardens this year (on Lady Bird Lake East of 35) since Waterloo Park is closed for 5 years. The festival was a little different than when we went last year...you paid an entry fee (ours was free!) and then you could get all of the samples you wanted inside! I would say this is definitely better than last year! 

VIP wahoo!!
yay for ice cream!
My first sample!
J's first sample!



Here's a list of what we tried!

Justin
Amy's Ice Cream - Belgium Chocolate
Cool Haus - Ice Cream Sandwich - Red Velvet Cookie & Salted Caramel Ice Cream
Blue Bell - The Great Divide Ice Cream Bar
Austin Scoops - Caribbean Rum Cake
The Melting Cone - Vanilla Bean

Katie
Amy's Ice Cream – Watermelon
Good Pops - Watermelon Agave Popsicle
Cool Haus - Ice Cream Sandwich - Red Velvet Cookie & Salted Caramel Ice Cream
Blue Bell - Sour Green Apple Popsicle
The Melting Cone - Chocolate

Hands down both of our favorite Ice Cream was the Caribbean Rum Cake from Austin Scoops! It was delicious!! Last year my favorite Ice Cream was also from Austin Scoops...Too bad it's 29.7 miles from our house :( I guess we will just have to make a visit for a special occasion...or an adventure!



We couldn't stay long at the Ice Cream Festival because one of my college roommates, Niki, was getting married that afternoon in Buda! It was a beautiful wedding and I am SO excited for her and Bryan, they are perfect for each other!! The ceremony was in a beautiful Catholic church in Buda and the reception was at Texas Old Town in Kyle. I had seen pictures of this venue but it is SO much prettier in person. Beautiful grounds and a really neat place to have a reception. Justin and I got there early and took a couple pictures before the reception started.

Pretty trees!

 Well
Pretty stream outside reception hall

Beautiful Bride and Bridesmaid! Love my roomies!

Me & Niki


Sunday we were able to take it easy and run some errands, workout, hang out at the pool with friends, and have a nice quiet dinner. I only have 4 free weekends before Christmas so any relaxing time is wonderful but there should be some fun posts coming up!!

1 comment:

  1. An ice cream festival? I have to get back to Austin. Seriously.

    I AM JEALOUS.

    I love that reception space as well. The well (ha) reminds me of Snow White!

    ReplyDelete